Saturday, May 30, 2009

IT'S NOT JUST A DREAM TO ME!!!

YO, YO, YO!!!! (same crazy DJ voice)

SEMI- NEW TRACK FROM THE ELEMENTS!!!!!!!!

*fog horn*…

…*cough*

Okay, so maybe you’ve heard this track before, maybe you haven’t. Either way, I wanted to share it with you guys now. It’s from the Elements featuring Open Mike, T. Coke, and this Soul Speak guy. It’s called ‘Not Just a Dream to Me’ .

It kinda sums up how I’ve been feeling lately.

You see, a few weeks ago I completed grad school (hold for cheering). Yes, yes, I am now a master of my craft (Who’s the Master!? SHO ‘NUFF!!! …hopefully you know where that’s from. If not, here ya go).



Any way…

This is a great opportunity because I have been itching to break out of the education bubble and do some work. However, it is also a challenge because I have to get some work… a job. And I don’ t know if ya’ll have been outside lately, but jobs ain’t exactly easy to find. Granted I have had some success as a few possible doors are opening up, but my pockets are still hurtin.

So…

Well, that’s where this song comes in. I have dreams. I think that most of us do. Some of my dreams are as simple as supporting myself and my family with my art, and some are so big they’re almost stupid. But I have seen that just having dreams isn’t enough. As Open Mike says, I want to take my DREAMS and make them REALITIES.

To me that’s the key. See, dreams are great, but alone they don’t amount to much.

Don’t get me wrong, most great things usually begin as dreams. We do need DREAMERS; but for those dreams to mean anything we have to do something. They must be coupled with ACTION. Think about it, the biggest dreamers in history are truly celebrated because of the action that their dreams produced. Would Dr. Kings dream had meant as much if he and others were not willing to give their effort, time, and ultimately their lives for the dream? …Hmmm (scratching chin and looking pensively upward).

For me, it is time to put in the work for my dreams. Not that I haven’t been working already, but more work is definitely needed. As an actor, it’s time to grind and work those auditions. As a musical artist I have committed to completing two major projects this year (I’ll tell you more about those later). These are great dreams. Now it’s time to work.

So here it is…. ‘It’s Not Just a Dream to Me’

~soul

1 comment: