Monday, April 20, 2009

NEW TRACK FROM SOUL SPEAK: DIRECTIONALLY IMPAIRED

YO, YO, YO!!!!!!!!!!! (crazy DJ voice)

NEW TRACK FROM SOUL SPEAK!!! **3 gun shots**

THE ELEMENTS ARE IN THE BUILDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**loud fog horn**

YYEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! THIS TRACK IS BANANA'S !!!...

*gun shot*

IT'S ORANGES!!!!

*gun shot*

IT'S PASSION FRUIT!!!!!

***machine gun fire***

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! (screaming for no reason)

...**fog horn**...

..............some how this work's better on the radio.

But anyway, here's a new track I recorded with my boy Open Mike a couple weeks ago. It is the rough cut from the studio. Normally, I would wait to have it mastered, but...here ya go.

It's called 'Directionally Impaired'.

It's a story track about what happens when we take the wrong turn. I feel that in my life I've run into many forks in the road. Some times I chose the right way and sometimes I didn't. I feel like some of the forks were minor, while others shaped who I am today.

Sometimes I look back and wonder what would have happened if I had chosen the other way; positively and negatively. Could things have been better?

or... HOW BADLY COULD THINGS HAVE GONE. (that sounded more depressing than i meant it to be...oh well)

Truthfully, looking at life this way keeps me grateful. I see so many instances in life when things could have gone bad; times where I could have ended up in serious trouble. Close calls. Times where I really could have been hurt or worse (a few people know what I'm talking about).

I've watched friends as they chose the wrong way, when I didn't.

...and I watched them deal with those consequences.

So, here it is; a story or wrong turns. Hope you enjoy.

~soul

1 comment:

  1. Wow...incredible lyrical artistry! It is a song that both a mom and the one in the struggle can relate to! Keep up the great work guys!

    ReplyDelete